CCUSA Tax Service. The quickest, easiest way to Get Your US Tax Return



CCUSA has partnered with, a US tax software specifically for US non-residents and designed to help J1 participants ensure they file a correct US tax return as part of your visa obligations.  This software will allow you to self-file your Federal tax return at a savings and also allow you to file a state tax return if needed.

Having worked in the US on a J-1 program, you’re legally obliged to file a tax return for the 2018 tax year. To file your US tax return you’ll need your W-2 form. This document is a summary of the wages and tax you paid during the tax year. You’re entitled to receive your W-2 form before the end of January in the year following your J1 program.

Sprintax provides simple and easy tax return preparation. You just need to:

  • Log in to your account
  • Follow the simple instructions and answer a few questions
  • Let Sprintax do all the calculations for you

You can access all the required information that Sprintax will need from:

  • Your passport
  • All payments forms you’ve received – For camp counsellors, this is typically a Form W-2 and/or final payslips
  • Visa details from your DS-2019
  • Social Security Number (SSN)

Sprintax will provide instructions along with the forms plus the correct address to which you would need to send your tax return. If you need to prepare a State Tax return, Sprintax can help with that too.